12 December 2015

Blogmas day 11: Art of Harry Potter exhibition, A BookUtopia live chat and exploring a bit of Fitzrovia

Halloooooo!

My first day of my 4 day weekend. I had all the intentions of getting up bright and early to have an amazingly long day. Instead, I woke up dat 10am. I completely missed my alarm clocks! Yes, that is plural. It freaked me out a bit to be fair. Tomorrow it is absolutely out of the question of sleeping through my alarm clocks. I repeat: I cannot sleep through my alarm clocks!!

Sleeping through my alarm clocks meant a change in plans of the day. I had a little lie in, until I heard my housemate yell at someone. That was my cue to get up and be active/productive. I did the dishes, had breakfast, took some pictures for a future blog post and got ready to go outside. Around 1pm the money on the electricity meter ran out again, so that was my cue to leave the house. Seriously though, I have no idea where the money goes to and who in the house does not pay his share.

Anyway, today I went to the Art of Harry Potter exhibition at the Coningby gallery. 3 of my colleagues recommended it to my by either tagging me on Facebook or telling my in the office kitchen about it. They all know how much I LOVE Harry Potter. I did some research and decided that I had to go. I had never the intention of actually buying any of the artwork, but when I was there it was so difficult not to! Well, not difficult since my bank account wouldn't agree anyway. The cheapest artwork available was £39 and from there you had prices up to £800. They were absolutely stunning. I had visions of my non excisiting living room with a picture frame on the walls with a Whomping Willow on. It was definitely a good thing that my bank account simply didn't allow to buy anything expensive. I did however buy 20 postcards  with 10 different designs of Harry's schoolbooks. The exhibitions will be only open for another week, with 19th December its last day :( I wouldn't be surprised if went back on Friday during lunch break to buy something anyway as it is only 5minutes from the office. We'll see though.






After the little exhibition I walked to London Euston station to buy my train tickets to Watford Junction tomorrow. Yes, three guesses as to what I am doing tomorrow x) I'd like to be prepared as I have to go quite early and I didn't want to stress about buying train tickets.

From London Euston I walked back towards Oxford Street via the little streets. Eventhough it was in the same area as my office is, I've never really taken the time to wander around. I discovered that is a super cosy area with plenty of cosy shops and cafes (and exhibitions so it seems). On the corner of the Gleam Future offices I nearly walked into Niomi Smart. She's a YouTuber and Blogger :) I bought myself a hot chocolate at Costa and took the bus to London Victoria to head home. Unfortunately my train was delayed with no further announcement and I couldn't be bothered to wait to see if the next train was going to be one time, so I took the underground to Brixton and from there a bus straight 'home'!

I started watching Harry Potter and the Prison of Azkaban, but halfway through I ended up on the live chat of Sasha Alsberg of A Book Utopia and now it is pretty late so I will not be finishing the movie before tomorrow. But I'm in the proper Potter mindset as I am listen to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (again). It looks like it is going to be quite the Pottery weekend ^^

That is it for today!

Thanks for reading!
xo - Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...